Would you like to nominate a speaker?
Committee of the series would like to encourage you to nominate speakers for MU LSS series: autumn 2022/spring 2023.
Who can be a suitable candidate? For example any of the following:
- Leader of your field
- Somebody who inspired you by a talk at the international meeting
- Person who changes paradigm by combining various approaches
- Scientist who recently published breakthrough results in the top tier journals
- Pioneer of your field
- Somebody you always wanted to meet but was shy to ask
- Respected colleague with whom you consider to collaborate
For an example of the quality and topics of the previous speakers you can go to our web pages. Please indicate clearly if you want to have your nominee considered only for Mendel Lectures.
You can send the nominations to email@example.com.
Nominations are then reviewed by a steering committee in order to plan an interdisciplinary and balanced program for the whole semester of the seminar series. So we would like to ask you to wait with the actual invitation of your nominee until you are given the approval of your nominee with offer of the possible dates for her/his talk. Please note, that if your nomination is selected by the Committee and speaker accepts to come to Brno, then your assistance during the guest´s visit is expected (see below). The Seminar Series will fully cover accommodation per 2 nights and travel costs including per diems of selected speakers.
Thank you very much for your cooperation and we are looking forward to receive your nominations!
Steering Committee Members:
- Vítězslav Bryja, Dept. of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science MUNI - firstname.lastname@example.org, MUNI Life Science Seminar Series coordinator
- Dáša Bohačiaková, Dept. of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine MUNI - email@example.com
- Marek Mráz, Centre for Molecular Medicine, CEITEC MUNI - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ľubomíra Nováková, Centre for Neuroscience, CEITEC MUNI - email@example.com
- Stanislav Pekár, Dept. of Botany and Zoology, Faculty of Science MUNI - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zbyněk Prokop, RECETOX, Faculty of Science MUNI - email@example.com
- Karel Říha, Genomics and Proteomics of Plant Systems, CEITEC MUNI - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vladimír Sklenář, Structural Biology, CEITEC MU and Faculty of Science MUNI - email@example.com
Linda Nosková, Faculty of Science - firstname.lastname@example.org
How are the speakers selected?
Nominated speakers are divided into 5 categories according to interest of their research:
- "green biology", ecology, population biology,
- biochemistry, structural biology, computational biology, biophysics,
- medicine, neurosciences,
- experimental plant biology,
- cell biology, developmental biology, molecular biology, genetics
Then the committee members select 10 nominated speakers, at least one candidate from each category, thus ensuring a thematically diverse program for the given semester.
The resulting speakers are those
(i) who have earned the highest number of votes in the given category, supplemented by
(ii) the second in the given category, sorted by the number of votes.
You can discuss and support your nominees with the committee members - it is even recommended; the fact that a nominee can establish / deepen mutual cooperation with MU is taken as a positive factor.
If your nominee is not selected for the upcoming semester, we will keep him/her in our list of nominations for next semesters. Usually once a year we check and ask the hosts whether their nominations in our list are still relevant.
"Host to do list"
Your assistance during the guest´s visit is expected as specified below:
- Create a program for the speaker (e. g. contact PIs interested in meeting with the speaker)
- Pick up the speaker at the bus/train station, accompany her/him to the hotel.
- Pick up the speaker at the hotel, and take her/him to the University campus.
- Cooperation with organisation of sponsored lunch for students and the guest – your students are kindly expected to join.
- Introduce the guest before her/his talk.
- Moderate the discussion after the talk.
- Organize dinner with the guest and other PIs.
- Help the guest with the departure.