Prof. Anthony Davis
University of Bristol, UK
- Tony Davis gained a B.A. in Chemistry from Oxford University in 1977, then stayed on for a D.Phil. under Dr. G. H. Whitham and two years’ postdoctoral work with Prof. J. E. Baldwin.
- In 1981 he moved to the ETH Zürich as a Royal Society European Exchange Fellow working with Prof. A. Eschenmoser, then in 1982 was appointed as a Lecturer in Organic Chemistry at Trinity College, Dublin.
- In September 2000 he moved to the University of Bristol, where he is Professor of Supramolecular Chemistry in the School of Chemistry.
- In 2002 he received the Tilden Medal from the Royal Society of Chemistry, and in 2015 the RSC Award for Physical Organic Chemistry.
- He is currently a member of the Editorial Board of Organic and Biological Chemistry.
- Laboratory web: https://davis.chm.bris.ac.uk/