Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Prof. Esparza studied physics in Zaragoza (Spain), where he also completed his doctorate in computer science in 1990.
- After qualifying as a lecturer in computer science (Hildesheim, 1994), he was appointed associate professor at TUM (1994-2001).
- He was a professor at Edinburgh University between 2001 and 2003 and held a Chair at the University of Stuttgart between 2003 and 2007.
- He has been a full professor at TUM since 2007.
- The Chair held by Prof. Esparza develops methods, algorithms, and tools to locate and eliminate errors in software systems or verify their correctness.
- The mathematical techniques used in this work include logic, automata theory, and complexity theory.