Charles IV. – Ruler and Founder
14 September 2018
- Refectory of Augustinian Abbey at Mendel Square - Mendel Museum
About the lecture
2016 sees the seven hundredth anniversary of the birth of the Holy Roman Emperor and Czech king Charles IV (1316-1378). His father was one of the last knights of Europe, John of Luxembourg, and his mother, Eliška, the last of the Přemyslid dynasty. From both cultural and political perspectives, the time of Charles‘s rule can be counted amongst the most enlightened periods of the Czech history.
Exclusive Presentation in Czech Language.
Professor of art history at Charles University, Czech Republic
- Since 1990, he has worked at the Department of Art History at the Faculty of Arts, Charles University.
- 2006 - 2014, Director of the Department of Art History at the Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague.
- Director's deputy at the Institute of Christian Art History KTF.
- Academy of Fine Arts in Prague and Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem (FUD and the Faculty of Arts).